If you wish to register as a West Coker Surgery patient, simply drop (or post) your signed medical card into the practice.  If you cannot find your card then the practice staff will be happy to send you registration forms, or you can collect them in person from the surgery. 

You can not register electronically because many patients have done this in the past when they have not been in our practice area and then the application has had to be cancelled - which causes confusion to the NHS electronic systems, disappointment for patients and hassle for our staff.

All patients must register with Dr Smith (as the GP holding the practice contract) but once registered can ask to see any of the GPs working at the practice.  Please note that on some days there may only be one GP available so you must be happy to see any of the GPs who work at the practice if you register with us.

If you wish to be a member of his practice’s patient participation group then please apply in writing and further information will be provided.

If you wish to provide feedback please email us or leave a written comment in the box at reception.

Practice Area

The practice will usually accept patients who live within the practice boundaries. The practice area includes some of the western area of Yeovil, the following villages, and further away up to the eastern edge of Crewkerne.  Rarely, e.g. existing patients move home, or new family members, the practice will accept patients from outside the practice area, if it has the capacity to do so.  To be eligible to be registered at the practice, Yeovil patients needs to live on or to the south west of a line along the Dorchester Road, West Coker Road, Watercombe Lane, the Western Relief Road and the A3088. If the patient is in doubt then they should contact the reception team who will be happy to advise if they are in the practice area.


Haselbury Plucknett


East Chinnock


Stoke sub Hamdon

East CokerNorth Perrott



Norton sub Hamdon

West Chinnock



West Coker


Change of Address/Name

If you change your address and/or name but stay within the practice area, please ask at reception for a change of address form.  You may be asked to provide proof of the change, e.g. utility bill for change of address, marriage certificate for a change of name. If you move outside of the practice area you will usually be expected to register at another, more local, practice.

Guide to GP Services

The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.  You can download the guide below.

pdf A Patient Guide to GP Services

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website